Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lets just sit and think

This interactive project was a blast. Honestly I thought it was going to suck at first. I really dislike group assignments and I didn't think we we're going to get a good reaction from the student body, and therefore thought the entire process was going to stink. 

But wait.

We had a surplus of enthusiastic students ready and willing to help us out and score some sweet ass photos.  And by sweet as photos I mean really well edited and hilarious pictures. the project was a success.

I think a big part of it was my team. we stuck together, communicated really well and worked easily with each other. The project felt very natural and was even a lot of fun. 

I like the idea of making art for a wide array of people and getting them involved even.  Each picture has the similar backgrounds and even characters but the inclusion of the student  participant adds a whole new life to the piece.  They got to be the directors of their own photo and added personality.

The other team (teamweakerthan) had the same things going for them. their project was all about the personality, or reaction, of the student participant. I think the best part about both teams' projects is to be able to go to a blog and see all of the photos as collection rather than the student only getting to see their own picture. 

I would like to incorporate the student body into some more of my projects for maximum inter-activeness It's definitely challenging getting the enthusiasm and participation of the students but well worth it.

No comments: