Wednesday, October 29, 2008

tune toys

This website is basically bad ass.

I checked out the Web tones portions and found this to be  particularly interesting.  Supposedly you type in a website and it takes the HTML information and converts that into a musical composition. You then choose a various things for it such as the pitch, the key it plays in, and even the instrument. After that you enter the website and listen to that websites internal jam. I think this is an awesome idea especially if the compositions are really drawn from the websites code. However I don't know if I'm smart enough to really check that and make sure that the jams are really being drawn from the website. 
 I listened to my blogs internal song and was a little disappointed... I was expecting more roaring guitar solos and double bass. However it was still a sexy tune.  Each and every website that i tried out had a very sporadic yet unified (this was resolved in setting the key initially) sound to it.  Very interesting indeed. 

No comments: