Monday, September 22, 2008

Flash Failures...




Let me first address my successes before I move onto my failures. This is my finished digital landscape. I really didn't change anything except the looping of the clouds. I made them start and stop in the same place for seamless playback. That was the main issue that bothered me. I do plan on adding more on my own time and possibly making this an interactive tale of a jet pack romance. But given the time constraints of this class and my recent 103 fever that will just have to wait.

moving on


Dude I thought I understood action scripting but just take a look at this bull shit:






I know right?
The weakest shit ever.
I know Im using the right lingo as far as functions go because essentially they're doing what I want them to do but I can't control and finesse them to my or Jill's standards (mostly Jills).
For instance the Ghost works and becomes more transparent and ghosty when rolled over, but the fierce ninja, when rolled over, doesn't disappear like he's supposed to. Instead, he just flashes like girls gone wild. Which I guess is kinda fresh and definitely looks menacing. But I wasn't going for menacing... I was going for elusive.
And lord only knows that the hell is going on with that fucking head.
He's supposed to rotate more and more each time you press on him. Instead....well...you've seen.

The x and y didn't work either. I tried to set them to the ninja so when you clicked on him he would dodge you. but instead he got too carried away and would just blast to the far right of the screen no matter what number I put in for the coordinates.

I think it's safe to say I at least know how not to action script.


stay up.

4 comments:

ericHUBER said...

I think ya got an interesting thing goin...not there yet of course. Needs that Epperson sheen. Environment...etc....

I believe in you

anthoneycarter said...

Glad you fixed the clouds on the digiscape. Looks good!

I'm not sure what to say about the code problems. Seems like the ninja might have a onRollOver and doesn't have a stop action after it disappears so it just keeps trying to loop and disappear at the same time.

wyatt said...

very nice man. it looks really clean.

DaKoda Davis said...

:: Jordan ::

I must admit the cloud revision on your digiscape is working much smoother. I keep having trouble when I click on your tinker. I can't get him off my mouse when I release.

The action-scripting has some interesting things going on. Maybe you could try changing the interaction up with some more code.