Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Revised

Check it.






I kept the taste the same I just changed a couple of ingredients.

Before I was using kroger brand now Im using the name brand expensive stuff.


Analogies aside, I changed the warp pipes to go along with the piping I illustrated earlier. I kept them green because they went well with the color scheme I had going on.

The main thing that was upsetting me before was the ground.
I was going to have it look like a circuit board but i thought that would be....penis (spent 3 minutes trying to come up with a better word....and failed)

Instead I decided to go with the multi texture/ media that seems to be the strength of my piece. So I tore up some paper and water colored it and scanned it to make a stone like texture. I have an arsenal of metaphors for this decision if my concept is in danger of being questioned....so back off. But mainly I just thought it was something that was aesthetically pleasing.


The Mario sky is staying. I tried some other options but i just liked this one the best. I think it's because it was one of the first elements I added and thusly* determined the color scheme from there on out.






* hell yeah thusly is a word

3 comments:

DaKoda Davis said...

Jordan,
The ground and pipes fit your design intentions much better. Not only is the style more consistent, but I feel that it all seems to be interacting in the same 'world'. Did you change the Duck tape helmet?

Ms. Singleton said...

I don't know if the textured ground benefits your intentions of endless possibilities with the web. I think Jill's idea of having the ground covered with the piping to make it appear sorta like a junk yard would be a better way to approach the floor of your digiscape.

shaw said...

Not only is it more pleasing to the eye, but having your analog elements mesh perfectly with digital sources such as the pipes and sky makes your image very consistent. The floor texturing is really nice, and meshes well with your pipes. However, I will say that i do want to see *something else* in your image. I feel that it could use one more object in the middle ground to further solidify your concept as a space where anything can exist. Maybe another building of a different size? Maybe a couple random objects? Some piping?

I could be wrong, but for me, i see
that middleground in the center as a great opportunity to add one more element that connects your sky to your ground and buildings. =D